Business Analyst Helping Business Analysts
Help your colleagues with their challenges and get help on your own!
This month's meeting of the Albany Capital District Chapter of IIBA will consist of a facilitated session where project challenges that face Business Analysts will be discussed with peers. Informed opinions will be offered, tips, tricks, and lessons learned will be shared, and methodologies discussed.
Have you wondered?
- What is scope? Who defines it, who documents it, and who owns it? Can it change? How?
- How can I better estimate Business Analysis tasks?
- Who are my project’s stakeholders, how do I identify them, and get them to engage?
- How do I overcome communication challenges - with stakeholders, across distributed teams, and when there are multiple organizations/agencies/divisions involved?
- What is the best way to gather requirements, have them documented and approved? Are all requirements equal?
- Some requirements appear to be related - can they be linked? If a requirement changes, how can impacted requirements be determined?
- Is a business rule different from a business requirement?
- What tools, standards, and/or best practices have people used and were they helpful?
- Are there other challenges you are facing that could benefit from a colleague’s experience? What experiences can you share that can benefit others?
Bring your best problem!
- Realize that others have faced your challenges and solved them.
- Realize that others are facing challenges that you have solved.
- Discuss techniques that can be used overcome them.
Register for this event via EventBrite.
Questions? Want information on joining the IIBA? Then please contact us at Chapter.Secretary@albanyny.iiba.org