IIBA Member Webinars - Interviewing Stakeholders: How to Get the Most (and Best) Requirements
Interviewing is a key technique for business analysts to elicit information from stakeholders. Whether a single stakeholder or a group, knowing how to conduct an effective interview enables us to obtain the information and data we need to create requirements, develop processes, and do our other business analysis work. This requires expert interviewing skills that facilitate trust and collaboration. What kinds of questions do we ask and when, and for which stakeholder and scenario? Are there some question types that are better used with individuals than groups? At the same time, how do we document responses accurately and efficiently? Join us to learn the answers from Pamela Paterson, BJ, MS, CBAP, LSSGB, APO, a senior IT business analyst and communications professional who prepared stakeholders for national media interviews.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Research, plan, and prepare for various types of interviews and stakeholders.
- Identify the various question types and apply an appropriate use case for them.
- Learn how to layer elicitation and decide the most effective sequence of questions.
- Build trust and rapport with your stakeholders so they feel comfortable in the interview process.
How to Register for This Event
If you are new to IIBA during the registration process, you will:
- From this page, click Login in the upper right hand corner of the website.
- Enter your IIBA ID and password.
- Return to this event and click the Confirm button.
Your event registration is processed and confirmed. You will receive a Zoom confirmation email with your unique Join link for the webinar.
Troubleshooting Your Registration
You’ve logged in but there is no Register Now button.
- Check the event’s date and time. The event may have ended.
- You may have already registered for the event. Go to My Events page (login required) to view your upcoming webinars.
How to Cancel Your Registration
Return to your Zoom confirmation or reminder email and click the Cancel link.