SOFT SKILLS & WHY THEY ARE IMPORTANT?
One of the essential skills for a Business Analyst (BA) is how they work with people. There are not any projects that exist where a BA doesn’t have to communicate with people. 85% of what a BA does is related to having excellent soft skills. When you Google Soft Skills, you get a plethora of items. Top Five, Top Seven, Top Ten, and so on. There are five that are more critical than others, and they are the focus of this presentation.
- Elicitation Skills
- Confidence and Trust
- Negotiation Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Managing Stakeholders
- Executive level
- Middle Management Level
- End Users
- Why BA Needs to Be A Leader
- Positive and Cal, Demeanor
- Lead by Example
- How BA’s being leaders become better BA’s
- How BA’s can improve their elicitation skills
- How BA’s can become better communicators
- How BA’s acquire a “Team First” attitude
Judy Alter CBAP® is a public speaker, coach, and Senior Business Systems Analyst with 17 years of experience in Business Analysis. She is known as “The Optimistic BA.”
- CEO/Owner of Judy Alter Speaker & Business Analysis Services
- Retired from Mutual of Omaha in March 2020 after more than 35 years
- IIBA Leader since 2012 where she has served on many roles
- IIBA Global Chapter Council Chair (present)
- IIBA Americas Southeastern Regional Director (present)
- IIBA Americas Central Regional Director
- IIBA Heartland Chapter President
REGISTRATION IS NOW REQUIRED
Register by 8:00 am on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
Zoom information will only be distributed to those who register.
6:15 Feature Presentation
7:15 Question & Answer Session
Questions? Want information on joining the IIBA? Then please contact us at Chapter.Secretary@albanyny.iiba.org