Project Assistant (Testing, Quality Assurance, Documentation) Position
|Agency:||NYS Office of the State Comptroller|
|Salary Grade:||SG-18, PEF|
|Salary Range:||$56,604 to $71,980|
|Location:||Office of Operations, Bureau of Payroll Services
110 State Street, 9th Floor Albany, NY 12236
PLEASE NOTE: Read this posting in its entirety and follow specific instructions to apply.
Under the direction of the functional analyst(s) incumbents will support a variety of project activities including requirement development, testing and documenting new business processes. Specifically the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Document requirements using standard templates ensuring scope is clearly defined and the requirements are clear and concise.
- Create test cases, execute testing and analysis, to identify defects.
- Prepare a variety of document including new as-is process models, use cases and system process models.
- Participate in reviewing functional specifications for completeness.
- Perform a variety of data validation tasks.
- At least six years (6) of experience in business systems analysis, implementing all business phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including planning, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance.
Experience must include one of the following, which may be concurrent:
- One of these years must have been in utilizing a large enterprise resource planning (ERP) application to implement system change processes (eg. Oracle, SAP, SAGE, ECI, Netsuite, Peoplesoft, etc.).
- An Associate’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of the general business analysis experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for the four years of the general business analysis experience.
- Strong written skills for documenting requirements, report creation and QA plan creation;
- Strong oral communications skills;
- Ability to read and create test scripts;
- Experience using SQL Plus and Toad software;
- Experience validating data quality;
- Experience with automated test tools; and
- Experience using PeopleSoft applications that include HCM or Financial modules.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the attached template
http://www.osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/02839_Template_04_2018.doc to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 1, 2018. Please reference Items #02839-41-IIBA-JDC in the subject line of the email, and on the cover letter.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT: It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions will not be decided in the candidate’s favor.
Office of Human Resources
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Albany, NY 12236
Attn: Jackie Carter