Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
We have multiple subcommittees you can get involved in.
Professional Development SubCommittee
The mission of the Professional Development Committee is to promote the provision of resources, offerings and sponsored events that assist Business Analysts who are in search of employment or career advancement opportunities. The committee also offers recommendations to the Albany Capital District IIBA Chapter Board of Directors in all matters related to Business Analysis employment and career advancement.
The Committee will achieve this mission by …
- Recommending innovative methods that will link employers and chapter members.
- Recommending and organizing events that will inform job seekers and support career advancement.
- Gathering and organizing effective resources that assist chapter members interested in employment searches or career advancement.
- Engaging local area employers to discuss establishing more uniformity regarding the role and responsibilities of Business Analysts.
- Gathering information from employment and career advancement related websites and presenting that information in a consolidated format to the Chapter.
- Encouraging Business Analysts to pursue, and their employers to support, career advancement throughout their careers.
- Serving as Chapter subject matter experts regarding employment and career advancement methods and practices.
Student Involvement SubCommittee
The Albany Chapter would like to get involved with the student community in the Albany area. This SubCommittee will work with the Chapter Student Liaison to foster a relationship with area colleges, promote chapter events, and arrange for presentations at college sites.
If you are interested in joining the Student Involvement SubCommittee, or have contact information for area colleges, please contact Cathy Wheelock at Chapter.StudentLiaison@albanyny.iiba.org.
Marketing and Communications SubCommittee
The purpose of the Marketing and Communications SubCommittee is to promote the Albany Capital District IIBA Chapter and to inform any interested parties about the Business Analysis profession. The subcommittee members will be assigned specific roles and will post chapter updates, meeting information, networking opportunities and other useful sources of information. The subcommittee will make recommendations to the IIBA Board of Directors in all matters related to the development of the Albany Capital District IIBA Chapter website.
SubCommittee roles include:
- Webmaster - this person will be in charge of developing and maintaining the chapter website. He or she will work directly with the VP of Marketing and Communications to ensure the content and layout of the website meets the Chapter's needs.
- LinkedIn Liaison - this person will handle promotion of all Chapter events through our LinkedIn account.
- Social Media Managers - these persons will be responsible for generating and promoting Chapter-related posts on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
SubCommittee goals will be accomplished by …
- Posting and helping to organize events that will inform anyone interested in the Business Analysis profession.
- Posting effective resources that assist chapter members interested in advancing their careers in the BA field by providing useful links for:
- CBAP requirements.
- BABOK and ongoing updates.
- Information on different forums and channels available for communication on the BA profession.
- Linking to information from employment and career advancement related websites.
- Working with sponsors to appropriately place logos and other deserved information where the board approves.
- Continually promoting Chapter events, including meetings.
- Working with the Board of Directors to ensure that the website is the primary tool for communicating with our members and interested parties.
We are always looking for volunteers to assist with Chapter events and initiatives. Please contact Simi Sinha at Chapter.VPofMktgComm@albanyny.iiba.org for more information.