USING INFLUENCE: GET WHAT YOU WANT FROM THE MAILROOM TO THE BOARDROOM
Office influence is the tip of the spear in all interpersonal communication activities; including negotiation, change, sales, leadership, conflict resolution and more. Negotiation is a highly interactive two-way type of influence. Sales influences customers to buy your products and services. The list goes on and on.
This talk, based on Eric Bloom’s book, Office Influence: Get What You Want from the Mailroom to the Boardroom, explains how to enhance your office influence through the process of professional growth, industry leading concepts and ready-to-use tools, tips and techniques.
Topics and activities to be covered:
- How influence techniques can enhance productivity and effectiveness
- Factors that affect people’s willingness to say “yes"
- Things people want/need in return for being influenced
- 53 person and business attributes that enhance or detract from your ability to influence
- Increased knowledge of key influence concepts, strategies and best practices
- Enhanced ability to influence those inside and outside your organization
- Create an action plan designed to maximize your influence in the workplace
Eric Bloom is the Executive Director of IT Management and Leadership Institute, Founder of OfficeInfluence.com, author of the book Office Influence: Get What You Want from The Mailroom to the Boardroom, an Amazon bestselling author, speaker, trainer and executive coach.
Eric is also a former nationally syndicated columnist, TEDx speaker, and recognized thought leader on the use of influence in the workplace. He is also a Past President of National Speakers Association New England, a Certified Professional Speaker (CSP), and the author of various other books, including Productivity Driven Success and The CIO’s Guide to Staff Needs, Growth, and Productivity. Prior to his current role, Eric was a senior IT executive at various firms including Fidelity Investments, Monster.com and Independence Investments.
6:15 Feature Presentation
7:15 Question & Answer Session
Questions? Want information on joining the IIBA? Then please contact us at Chapter.Secretary@albanyny.iiba.org